Sunday, October 30, 2011

'Salem's Lot - Stephen King

Prime example of why it took me so long to really get into his books. I feel like if you start off with this book, or Pet Sematary, you will have a hard time reading King. Or getting into King. Yes. I believe his work got better through the years. Not to say that this was as bad because it wasn't. It was a very good book. Just hard to get into, dragged in some parts and was extremely wordy.

This was book about vampires. But not the cushy, sparkly ones that we have grown to love (or hate) recently. This book was the bad sort. The ones who can't walk in daylight, allergic to garlic, can't stand the sight or feel of anything holy. And they want to over take the town of Jerusalem's lot. And take it over they do. A handful of townsmen try and stop them. As the daylight hours get a fewer and fewer there are less people to and more vampires.
This is very much like Dracula - old Vampire stories and legend. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it really took me way to long to read less the 400 pages. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe I am desensitized from horror and vamps. Who knows. Fact is it didn't scare me. I am being to wonder if anything can.

No comments:

Post a Comment