Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Before I fall - Lauren Oliver

This is the second book I have read by Lauren Oliver and once again I was not disappointed.

This story starts with the death of Samantha. The book continues while Samantha is forced to relive the day she died for a week.
I will admit, I hated Samantha at first. I wasn't at all sad that she died. In the beginning she was wretched little brat. One of those girls I hated in high school and still can't stand today.

By then end of the book though, is another story. This book is a lot like Groundhogs Day with Bill Murry. (she even mentions it). Every day she wakes up, and is February 12th all over again. The same classes, same party, same drama, same death. By the end of the week, she starts to learn and finally understand, he life, her death and the meaning of it all.

This was a wonderful, heart wrenching book. I think Lauren has a fantastic talent to pull you in and keep you enthralled right up to the last page and beyond. Her characters and stories stay with you, long after you have you put the book away.

I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good fiction novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment